- 2014-2015: Project Coordinator, Library Journal’s 2015 New Landmark Libraries series: Public Libraries.
- Consultant, ISKME
- 2015: Digital Curator, Minnesota Digital Curation Catalog
- 2013: External Consultant, Composing Possibilities: Open Education Resources and K-12 Music Education
- Moderator, ALA MidWinter Symposium: The Hype and Hope of MOOCs Viewing Party moderator
- Discussion Coordinator, Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI) 2013
- Discussion Facilitator for “Managing Other People” and “Project Management” topics, ThinkCamp, 2013
President, term: 2015-2017
- Oversee nonprofit administrative activities, prioritize projects and coordinate finances with treasurer.
Director, term: 2013-2015
- Organize events like Ignite A2 and Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire.
- With Greg Austic, develop avenues for engagement between makers, learners, ideas, skills and experiences via A2Geeks and Maker Works.
- Serve as greeter/bouncer/information desk/connector/food coordinator at A2Geeks events.
Researcher (February 2012-August 2012)
- Provide research and writing support for Heidelberg Project initiatives including developing the ‘Heidelbergology’ concept.
Alternative Spring Break, March 2010
- Participated in the School of Information’s Alternative Spring Break program, raising funds to support service in information fields across the United States.
- Developed a plan to implement Heidelbergology, an abstract advocacy campaign in support of the Heidelberg Foundation.
School of Information
Student liaison and school representative
- Moderate discussions for events such as QuasiCon
- Participate in panel discussions for incoming students on: student life, choosing your specialization, life after graduation.
- Write testimonials for ASB Detroit trips and experiences in graduate school.
- Mentor incoming students in the Community Informatics specialization.
- Gave tours of campus and school facilities and welcomed visiting prospective students to the School of Information (2009 and 2010).
- Ocassionally act as guest judge for course assignments and projects.
Volunteer, September 2009
- Provided event support for the Kerrytown Bookfest, including a bookmaking workshop.
Art Amiss, Inc.
Secretary, June 2007-June 2008
- Served on board of arts advocacy organization as secretary, volunteer, and executive committee member
- Organized exhibits and promotional events for artists from or working in Arkansas two to four times a year.
Young Women’s Collective
Events Organizer and Participant, December 2003-December 2004
- Registered students and local citizens to vote
- Raised awareness of regional gender-based issues
- Group leader at the March for Women’s Lives in Washington , D.C., April 2004
Arts Submissions board member, graphic designer, August 2001- June 2002
- Reviewed and selected literary and arts submissions
- Designed layout for 2002 edition of Exposure
Alpha Phi Omega
Brother, August 2000- June 2001
- Organized and participated in local service projects including working with homeless and animal shelters, youth programs, and libraries